You might have heard your vaper friends saying, “My vape pen won’t hit” or endured the pain of your vape pen battery not working. In a perfect world, your vape battery will never have any problem and run smoothly for years. Unfortunately, this is the real world where vape batteries can explode, turn out to be faulty, and e-cig batteries (IJOY 20700 3000mAh) might not charge or stop working altogether.
Over the past couple of years, vaping has become popular. The reason behind its popularity is not that it looks cool. Rather, it is a healthier alternative to tobacco smoking. Innumerable ex-smokers have transitioned into vapers because they want to become healthy again. Unlike tobacco cigarettes, they do not have the cancer-causing agent tar that is extremely harmful to your health.
What are e-cig batteries
E-cigarettes and vape pens come with small batteries. Although these batteries are small in size, without them, you won’t be able to get your –liquid converted into vapor which makes the battery an essential component of a vape pen. These batteries are lithium-ion batteries and are sold by numerous vape brands in the world.
In the market, you can find a number of different options for vape batteries. It goes without saying that the bigger an e-cig battery, the longer it will last for you. At the end of the day, who would want to get in the hassle of constantly charging their vape battery?
No need to worry anymore; you are just in the right place. In this guide, you’ll find everything about fixing your vape pen battery and solve charging problems and issues it has been suffering from recently.
Types of Vape Pen batteries
Vape pens usually have two types of batteries; manual or automatic. While the automatic batteries are easier to use, manual vape pen batteries show better performance. To use a manual battery, you first need to depress the button to get it activated while an automatic battery does not require this. On the other hand, manual batteries let you have more control over your draw as compared to automatic batteries.
Ways to Fix vape pen battery
- When your vape pen battery is not charging, the first and most common solution is to switch it off and then switch it on again. In most cases, the battery starts charging immediately after doing so. Just like other electronic devices and batteries, vape pen batteries become as good as new with this method.
- Another reason might be that the battery terminal is unclean and has some fluff. This could be why your vape battery does not charge. To solve this issue, pick a damp piece of cloth and carefully clean and remove all the dirt from it. You can also use tissue paper or alcohol wipe to remove dirt or fluff from the battery.
- Your battery may also not charge if needs some adjustment. What if your vape battery is experiencing issues or hit with a cartridge screwed in? It is possible that the connection plate inside of 510 thread needs to be adjusted. The connection plate is responsible for the transfer of power from the charger to your battery when it is charging. So, if its adjustment is ruined, you will not be able to charge it. To solve this issue, simply use a paperclip to pry up the connection plate gently. After that, screen on your cartridge or charger, your vape pen battery will start charging again.
- Here is another common reason why your vape pen battery might not charge: the connection between battery and the clearomizer is not being established. Ensure that the clearomizer and the battery terminal are clean. You can easily do this with the help of a cotton bud. Chances are the battery will start charging again.
- Another cause of the vape battery not being able to charge is over drainage. This means that a cheap charger cannot charge the battery. Never purchase a low-quality charger for your vape pen battery. Buy a charger from a well-known vape brand.
What if after trying all of these hacks, your vape pen battery still does not charge? It might have been damaged for good or reached the end of its lifespan.
If you have any questions regarding vape batteries or any topic related to vaping, let us know in the comments section below.
Jessica Cam has been a Content writer, adventure seeker, vaping lover & helping people to quit smoke. Her characters are clever and fearless, but in real life, Jessica is afraid of basements, bees, and going up stairs when it is dark behind her.